maddogdrivethru.net

Open all night
It is currently Sun Oct 20, 2019 6:48 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Harumpfh. English Gentlemen hardly need lectures on manners from some rabid colonial bumpkin

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2304 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 215, 216, 217, 218, 219, 220, 221 ... 231  Next
 Post subject: Re: EU and Brexit
PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2019 12:42 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 807
EUBanana wrote:
The wife speaks German, only place in Europe I'll likely be ordering beer.

Actually in Berlin the wife ordered something in German at the bar, bartender replies in German. then she asks what I want, and I tell her. Then the German barman goes, "Right away mate!" just as she turns to relay it on in German.

So I think I'm sorted for beer.

Of course if abroad and looking for spirits it'd probably be in Tornio but I'll have a detachment of Swedish bodyguards with an addiction to Minttu for that. ;)

You have a good personal assistant, companion, interpreter and more...

You are lucky, mate. ;)

Mit der Dummheit kämpfen selbst Götter vergebens. -- Friedrich Schiller

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2019 5:56 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 18925
20th anniversary of being lucky last Monday...

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2019 12:45 pm 
Sergeant Major

A recap what has happened so far this week.

Now waiting for the SC verdict. ;)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2019 6:59 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 16677
Quote:
... But this motion was rejected in a show of hands while a motion setting out the leadership's official position and another endorsing its handling of Brexit were overwhelmingly passed ...

So labour voted not to REMAIN ... which for them is somewhere between LEAVE and REMAIN ... they support neither ...

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2019 7:56 am 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 16677
Quote:
... UK high court rules prime minister broke law by suspending Parliament during Brexit battle ...

The brits are really getting hilarious now ... so does bobo go to jail now ? What was the sentence ?? Who arrests him ??

Is parliament back in session ?

Does this trigger a new election ? I mean with the olde PM now in jail and all ??

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2019 8:03 am 
Sergeant Major

nero wrote:
Now waiting for the SC verdict. ;)

Now we have it; unanimous 11-0 decision.

Total knockout. A normal PM would resign with shame.

But we have to wait Boris to die 31th October. :(

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2019 8:47 am 
First Sergeant

Reputation points: 20000
Can't win them all nero, can you?

Quote:
The National Crime Agency has found "no evidence" of criminal offences after allegations against Leave.EU and its founder Arron Banks.

The agency launched an investigation into the pro-Brexit campaign group after it was fined £70,000 by the Electoral Commission in May last year.

But the NCA said it would not take any further action against Leave.EU, its chief executive Liz Bilney or Mr Banks.

Tweeting after the ruling, Mr Banks said: "Victory is sweet."

Earlier this month, a criminal investigation into Leave.EU was also dropped by the Metropolitan Police as there was "insufficient evidence" to justify any further inquiry.

In response to the NCA decision, the Electoral Commission said it stood by the need for the investigations to ensure "voters have transparency" over political funding.

In a May 2018 report, the commission said Leave.EU had exceeded the spending limit for "non-party registered campaigners" by at least 10% by failing to include at least £77,380 in its spending return.

It also referred Ms Bilney to the police, saying its investigation found she had committed four offences, including submitting an inaccurate spending return and exceeding the spending limit.

But she claimed the investigations had stemmed from Remain-backing MPs "desperately trying to overturn the result of the referendum".

Brexit Party leader and former Leave.EU campaigner Nigel Farage said he was "pleased" the NCA had dropped its investigation, but "heads must roll" at the Electoral Commission.

Leave-backing Labour MP Kate Hoey called for those who "condemned Leave.EU to apologise".

Leave.EU was a rival to Vote Leave, which was designated as the official Leave campaign during the 2016 referendum campaign.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics- ... gn=bbcnews

I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by
What a waste...

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2019 8:51 am 
First Sergeant

Reputation points: 20000
jwilkerson wrote:
Quote:

Parliament will reopen tomorrow.

I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by
What a waste...

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2019 9:04 am 
Sergeant Major

Mac wrote:
Can't win them all nero, can you?

Quote:
The National Crime Agency has found "no evidence" of criminal offences after allegations against Leave.EU and its founder Arron Banks.

The agency launched an investigation into the pro-Brexit campaign group after it was fined £70,000 by the Electoral Commission in May last year.

But the NCA said it would not take any further action against Leave.EU, its chief executive Liz Bilney or Mr Banks.

Tweeting after the ruling, Mr Banks said: "Victory is sweet."

Earlier this month, a criminal investigation into Leave.EU was also dropped by the Metropolitan Police as there was "insufficient evidence" to justify any further inquiry.

In response to the NCA decision, the Electoral Commission said it stood by the need for the investigations to ensure "voters have transparency" over political funding.

In a May 2018 report, the commission said Leave.EU had exceeded the spending limit for "non-party registered campaigners" by at least 10% by failing to include at least £77,380 in its spending return.

It also referred Ms Bilney to the police, saying its investigation found she had committed four offences, including submitting an inaccurate spending return and exceeding the spending limit.

But she claimed the investigations had stemmed from Remain-backing MPs "desperately trying to overturn the result of the referendum".

Brexit Party leader and former Leave.EU campaigner Nigel Farage said he was "pleased" the NCA had dropped its investigation, but "heads must roll" at the Electoral Commission.

Leave-backing Labour MP Kate Hoey called for those who "condemned Leave.EU to apologise".

Leave.EU was a rival to Vote Leave, which was designated as the official Leave campaign during the 2016 referendum campaign.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics- ... gn=bbcnews

So the police could not find out where the Barron's £8M came from. Pity. :roll:

Now just waiting for Boris to be pilloried. :lol:

Though it is not completely necessary.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2019 11:25 am 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 18687
Mac wrote:
Quote:

Parliament will reopen tomorrow.

Are all the rides gonna be going, or just the kiddie rides?

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2304 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 215, 216, 217, 218, 219, 220, 221 ... 231  Next