maddogdrivethru.net

Open all night
It is currently Sun Feb 25, 2018 11:53 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Minimum wage, the last 4 years
PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 4:43 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 18831
There is a non-statutory minimum wage....zero....which is exactly what you get if you screw around by setting arbitrary values.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 4:59 am 
His Most Gracious Majesty, Commie of the Year

Reputation points: 15421
jack t ripper wrote:
There is a non-statutory minimum wage....zero....which is exactly what you get if you screw around by setting arbitrary values.

One of the great aspects of market economy is that you can even earn by playing computer games for a living.

So it's total bs. that you can't find a job. In market economy, there's always job and there's always job that fits you somehow.
Of course, we should all sit at home, watching telly, collecting social security and waiting for an ominous G-Man to show up on our door and give a job that:
-[i]is near
-is well paid
-has no downsides to it
-allows us to express ourselves
-requires no extra training or education

In short, presidency of a nation where the president has only superficial duties and no responsibility.
You know, like Finland, where if you're the president, you get to live in a presidential palace, with huge pay, you get your personal staff and bodyguards and no powers and no responsibility.

Though, it might be that they would resign for being forced to attend boring azz stuffs like the ceremony of promoting officers etc. and the independence day party.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 3:26 pm 
Gunnery Sergeant

Reputation points: 1780
Quote:
So it's total bs. that you can't find a job. In market economy, there's always job and there's always job that fits you somehow.

It is actualy the opposite of what you say.

In every market, unemployment is present. Even during good economic conditions you cann't get rid of unemployment. In fact it is a market's characteristic to always have fewer jobs than available workers. If employees have more choices, wages go up which makes it more difficult for many businesses to keep up, leading to many business failures which in the end limits employees choices again.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 4:59 pm 

pamak wrote:
Quote:

It is actualy the opposite of what you say.

In every market, unemployment is present. Even during good economic conditions you cann't get rid of unemployment. In fact it is a market's characteristic to always have fewer jobs than available workers. If employees have more choices, wages go up which makes it more difficult for many businesses to keep up, leading to many business failures which in the end limits employees choices again.

Markets must have fewer jobs than workers.
Else the competition for workers would spiral out of control and the inflation would explode.

I'm just saying that a lot of people out there aren't seriously considering all of the options.
Don't want to change profession, don't want to move after job, don't want too long commute, has to have a certain salary etc.
And even then, there are alternatives, such as setting up your own business etc. Then there are factors such as pessimism, low self esteem and generally a lack of information of choices available, of the market situation and sources of financing that all hold people back.

I'm saying that a lot of people are relatively passive. I know over here there are a ton of people who mainly look at one specific newspaper for job adverts and ask from their friends if they know anything. Seriously, that isn't going to get you very far in a town of 6000, if you only look at the local newspaper for opportunities.

People's methods are poor and they often don't know enough to be able to help themselves.
With right attitude, you can work around such problems on your own. Otherwise they will always be more of observers of their own lives than active actors.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 6:16 pm 
Honorary Texan

Reputation points: 7398
Wages in America are artificially low because of illegal aliens.

All this propaganda about how wonderful they are for the economy is a bunch of leftist bullshit.

They are a drain and burden on every part of it.

They are only useful voting for democrats.

Some genius needs to find a way to have these people start voting republican.

End of problem.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 2:20 am 

Old Eagle wrote:
Wages in America are artificially low because of illegal aliens.

All this propaganda about how wonderful they are for the economy is a bunch of leftist bullshit.

They are a drain and burden on every part of it.

They are only useful voting for democrats.

Some genius needs to find a way to have these people start voting republican.

End of problem.

First, they'll probably somehow manage to use some public services anyway
- burden on budget
Then they don't pay taxes
- no tax income
And they work for dirt, literally
- so your own youth can't get any summer jobs or the sort, because they've already got grown up illegals doing it for half the price that students used to work for during summers
They don't associate themselves with the locals
- increased crime, less security

They may eventually integrate
+ pops, economy (on the other hand, shouldn't they be ready to be integrated in order to get to stay in the country in the first place?)
They bring new foods and cheap restaurants
+ yay, multiculturalisms!111

Profile E-mail